Butler Heart

Butler Heart

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

beginnings

I didn't think I would ever get into this blog thing....but here I am blogging away BECAUSE...our adoption agency called and said we might possibly be paired with a birth mom!  We are super EXCITED but cautious about the possibility!  We have only been waiting just under 2 months and weren't expecting the call for several more months.  The birth mom is still making her final decision before we can proceed further...so we are cautious but hopeful.

Today I was sitting at the computer typing out where our passion for adoption originated.  I started from the moment God opened my eyes to the great need of orphans in our world as I served/lived in an orphanage in Guatemala between undergrad and graduate school.  During this time, I made a promise to myself and God that I would one day adopt and not forget what I saw and learned.  I continued to type out how God brought me a husband who was like-minded about adoption.  I typed about how we always wanted to make adoption Plan A in our family planning.  As I was typing, I had this strong emotion well up in me and I said out loud "God, I'm ready to bring this baby home".  I'm NOT exaggerating about this next part...not 30 seconds later our adoption agency called and said a birth mom was interested in being paired with our family.  I could not believe it!  Did God really just do that!  Did he just answer a prayer in less than a minute?  Maybe...maybe not.  We will see as this process carries on.  But what I do know is God WAS saying "Amy, I know the desires that are in your heart.  I put them there.  I will give you the desires of your heart."  So now we wait.  How long?  I wish I knew.  I'm not very good with patience.  But what I know is that I'm more excited than I have ever been about adoption.  I can't wait until that baby is with us and the whole world can see that Adoption is an Option.

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for sharing amy! i can't wait to see how your family grows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy!! You have such an awesome heart for God. You have always been someone I have looked up to. I will be praying for you and your family as you are going through this journey!
    ~Britt

    ReplyDelete