Butler Heart

Butler Heart

Monday, October 11, 2010

PICKED!!!

My prayer this afternoon:
"God, I have failed at lifting "B" up to you lately.  I have been distracted and busy.  Lord, I want to pray the most unselfish prayer I can possibly pray for "B".  Lord...do a miracle.  Clean up the circumstances of "B's" life so that she is in a condition to parent her baby boy.  Move the heart of a believer to share the hope of Jesus so that her eternity will change.  Lord, give her direction in how to make a life plan for her baby.  Guide and direct her steps.  If you choose for us to parent this child make this clear.  Help me to not covet this child bc no child in my care is my own.  They are yours and you entrust me with them.  Guide me in how to minister to "B" as the birth mom.  You love her and have a plan for her life.  If this child comes into our home help me to know how to minister to his birth mom....amen"

a couple of hours later i received a phone call from our case worker.  "B" decided to pick our family as the life plan for her baby boy!  What!??! I'm as shocked as you are!!! Her one request is that we name him Alijah - God is LORD.  I tear up just thinking about what this means to me and the journey our family has been on this past year.  GOD IS LORD. We said "we could not pick a better name and how special that it comes from his birth mom".  God is LORD..God is LORD.  He orders our steps, He protects us, He has said "it is finished".  There is power when you hear God is LORD.  Alijah has the hand of God on him in the womb and for sure his life will display for the world to see GOD IS LORD.

now...before i get ahead of myself..."B" can still change her mind at any moment.  She has 48 hours after Alijah is born to sign away her parental rights.  Alijah's birth father has agreed to terminate rights at the same time.  If "B" changes her mind last minute i still believe GOD IS LORD and trust in his plan for Alijah.  this adoption process is not about chuck and i acquiring a child for our own.  It is about demonstrating the adoption we both experienced into God's family when we accepted Jesus into our life and our eternity was changed.  adoption to us is about positioning ourselves to share the love of Jesus by loving on the vulnerable of our society..the orphan and the widow.  It is worth the roller coaster of feelings we might go through to follow a crazy radial Jesus.  The more I grow in my walk with Jesus the more I see that this world is not meant to be comfortable and easy and a lack of taking risks.  In fact Jesus calls us to the opposite..."take up your cross and follow me".

My prayer now:
"God, You are LORD. Thank you for letting me be on this journey because I now know you in a way I have never known You before.  No matter what happens with Alijah i choose to trust your plan.  Give me multiple opportunities to minister to "B" and soften her heart to hear Your truth.  I stand in faith believing you have big plans."

Amy

5 comments:

  1. so excited for you guys! how far along is "B"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying in the back of a room full of Dell execs. I love you guys - I can't express how much. Even this post has taught me so much and ministered to my heart. I am thrilled for you and we are here to support you in ANY way throughout this journey. I love adoption - and this post spelled it out - it is about getting in on God's story. He chose us, adopted us, and loves us unconditionally. I just can't tell you how much I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy ~ We have never gotten to meet, but were very close friends of Chuck while in college. Please know that we are covering you in prayer! We also have two biological children of our own and the Lord has begun stirring our hearts towards adoption, so your story becomes even more near and dear to my heart. I am excited to follow what the Lord will do through your family through your blog. Blessings and Love~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for yall! Such a great name! I love that B chose that for him...if it is God's plan, I CAN'T wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. couldn't be happier for you guys! we will continue to pray that b's pregnancy goes well. congrats!!

    ReplyDelete