Butler Heart

Butler Heart

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sike!

So today I'm cleaning out closets and getting organized.  My to-do-list is a mile long which I am grateful for.  Keeps me from being anxious and wondering what will happen with our adoption.

I got a call from a Texas area code this morning and got really excited! Is this an update on Alijah and his mom?  Will we finally know what plans we can make?  I answered expectantly and then..."sike"!  It was our friend Justin Sadler.  Now...I love me some Justin Sadler...but I was REALLY hoping that I was going to hear some kind of adoption news.  But our discussion got me pumped up about adoption..and how God is raising him up to be an advocate for the orphan through the profession God has called him to.

Justin is a CPA.  He has worked very hard for those letters.  I remember praying alongside him and his wife during the painful process of taking the exams to become licensed.  They were all consuming and difficult.  He studied, lost sleep, had limited time with family/friends...but he was determined and knew it was what God had called him to.  Now, as a CPA, Justin has been given the skills and abilities to help people manage their money with wisdom and integrity.  He can give advice on how to keep as much money in your pocket as you can so that you can be faithful and a good steward of what God has given you.  This kind of stuff makes my brain hurt...but God created Justin to actually enjoy it!

Our conversation was inspiring.  Justin desires to know as much about the financial aspects of adoption/foster care so that he can help adoptive/foster families with their taxes and how they financially plan for adoption/foster care.  I know that one of the biggest reasons that families don't adopt is due to finances.  "I don't have the money.", "How will I ever afford it?", "where is the money going to come from?".  Justin is in the process of saturating himself in adoption laws/procedures/policies so that he can give counsel in this area.  He's meeting with adoption agencies to understand their processes.  Justin is walking through this adoption process with us to give much needed financial counsel.  He is a God-send.  Money will not stand in the way of God taking care of the orphan and widow.  He provides!

Justin has decided to use what skill/talent God has given him to take up the cause for orphan care.  I know God will bless him and his family for it.  He understands that everyone is to play a part in whatever way they can.  God has called him to an aspect of orphan care..finances.  What is your part? What gift has God given you that you can give to the orphan cause?

Thank you Justin for your servants heart.  We are blessed to call you and Amanda friend.

"Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows." Isaiah 1:17

Anyone thinking about adoption or in the process...think about making Justin your CPA.  He would love to walk with you through the financial aspects of adoption.  Invest your money in someone who cares for the orphan.  He will not disappoint you!

Justin Sadler
sadlercpa@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment